with order of
Customer support is closed Thursday 11/26 in observance of Thanksgiving.
SleepWeaver Advance Mask System and Headgear (Blue)
The revolutionary SleepWeaver™ ADVANCE Cloth CPAP mask improves on the groundbreaking design of the original SleepWeaver while offering increased comfort, a better fit, noticeably smaller mask dimensions, and easier-to-use headgear.
Constructed entirely of soft cloth the SleepWeaver ADVANCE is LATEX & SILICONE FREE so it's ideal for allergy sufferers! The SleepWeaver's cloth cushion won't get sticky like traditional nasal cushions. The breathable fabric inflates around your nose and pushes gently against the face to create a secure seal. A fine cloth inner lining -- the Zzzephyr seal -- improves fit and increases comfort.
Unlike traditional nasal masks the SleepWeaver ADVANCE has no rigid frame or hard buckles so it's great for people who sleep in any position -- side, back or stomach.
- ALLERGY FREE - The soft, breathable, cloth SleepWeaver will leave you hardly aware that you're wearing any CPAP device at all. With NO SILICONE OR LATEX, your nostrils will be free, your forehead won't be dented, and you'll be wrinkle-free in the morning.
- NOISE REDUCTION - The SleepWeaver features a series of holes on the front of the mask for exhalation. The design means that breath escapes through a wider area, minimising noise and preventing the concentrated stream of air that often leads to whistling and whooshing noises in other masks. This also allows the exhaled air to disperse more naturally, making exhalation feel more comfortable. Fabric also naturally absorbs sound, rather than the plastic traditionally used which is more likely to create it.
- GENTLE HEADGEAR - The design of the SleepWeaver means that the seal is created by the pressure from your CPAP system, rather than by the tightness of the headgear straps. Generally SleepWeaver users can lossen their headgear overall reducing pressure sores on the bridge of the nose, forehead and other parts of the face.
- SECURE SEAL - The SleepWeaver is made of soft cloth and has no rigid parts that come into contact with the skin. It inflates to form a balloon of air that pushes gently against the patient's face to form a seal. Because the cloth is flexible and follows the exact shape of each individual's face, air leakage is reduced.
- MACHINE WASHABLE! - The SleepWeaver mask and headgear can be washed in a washing machine with your regular laundry using your usual detergent. Use a gentle cycle with cold or warm water. Never use hot water, as this will cause the mask to shrink and disfigure. Once washed, hang the mask to dry. Never tumbledry it, as this will also cause it to shrink and disfigure. The SleepWeaver mask will usually hang dry in one to two hours. The SleepWeaver can also be hand washed with a mild, non-abrasive hand soap.
FITTING YOUR MASK
- Remove your SleepWeaver® Advance Mask from the packaging.
- Connect the tubing from your CPAP or Bi-Level machine to the Swivel Connector on the front of the mask.
- Turn on your CPAP or Bi-Level machine at your prescription pressure.
- When the mask inflates, hold the headgear with both hands, position the mask on your nose, and pull the headgear over your head. Make sure that the cup of the mask is centered over your nose, and align the Head Strap to the center of your head.
- Pull the headgear over the back of your head until the Neck Strap is snug just below your ears.
- If you experience leaks, adjust the mask as described on the following page.
- Lie down in your normal sleeping position. If any leaks occur, readjust the mask.
ADJUSTING FOR LEAKS
- With your CPAP or Bi-Level machine on and at your prescription pressure, pinch the portion of the mask directly over your nose, pull the mask slightly away from your face, towards your feet, and gently release.
- If you experience leaks from the sides of the mask, adjust the Neck Straps by unhooking the tab from the strap and pulling the straps out to tighten the mask, then re-latching the tab to the strap.
- If you experience leaks into your eyes, adjust the Head Strap.
- At times it is possible to stop leaks and get a better fit by loosening the mask just a bit, then repeating Step 1 above.